Massage is a type of manual therapy that manipulates the soft tissues of the body, including movements for a specific therapeutic effect, as well as for simple relaxation.
Benefits of massage include:
- Reduced muscle and joint pain
- Improved muscle tone
- Increased flexibility
- Reduced anxiety
- Improved healing
Massage helps to increase the blood circulating through muscles, keeping them subtle and free of knots. It also helps improve lymphatic drainage, removing the toxins in the muscles that have built up during exercise, work, or everyday life.
Dog’s that may benefit from massage include:
- Healthy dog’s that just need maintenance
- Older dog’s with stiffness when getting up or after exercise
- Dog’s recovering from a weekend of agility or other dog sports
- A show dog that needs to look comfortable and balanced in the ring
- A working dog that has a demanding job
- Arthritic or injured dog’s as part of a complete rehabilitation plan
At The Dog Osteopath massage is used as part of a complete treatment. If you would like to discuss your dog’s individual case please get in contact.